Integrative medicine is a care approach which emphasizes the patient’s unique conditions and underlying factors, such as environmental, physical, mental, and emotional influences. By analyzing the patient’s specific circumstances, practitioners who take this approach help patients pursue and maintain optimal wellness. Integrative medicine leverages a number of scientific disciplines to heal illness while promoting health.
The fundamental principles of integrative medicine are:
- Patients and practitioners partner together for healing.
- All factors which influence wellness and disease are considered.
- All healing sciences may be explored to find the best possible approach for promoting healing.
- Whenever possible, the least invasive and most natural interventions should be used.
- Medicine should be science-based while maintaining openness to new evidence and paradigms.
- Treatments are personalized to best fit with the patient’s unique circumstances.
The objective of integrative medicine is to address the patient’s immediate needs while promoting the best possible outcomes for their long-term health. Instead of focusing on a specific set of symptoms and diagnosis, practitioners go further to understand the potential underlying causes of illness.
By assessing immediate health concerns, their underlying factors, and long-term health, integrative medicine takes the most comprehensive possible approach to wellness. This discipline takes a preventative approach to help patients establish beneficial behaviors and gain better control over their health.
While patients with virtually any condition could be considered good candidates for integrative medicine, people with the following conditions may be particularly well-suited from this robust approach to wellness and healing:
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic pain
- Sinus problems
A comprehensive home test allows you to find what the causes to your symptoms are with current deficiencies and insufficiencies. Find out more about nutritional and molecular tests today. Contact a Care Coordinator at 800-531-0831.
This post was written by Becky Palmer, a medical professional at Stemedix Inc. At Stemedix we provide access to Regenerative Medicine. Regenerative medicine has the natural potential to help improve symptoms sometimes lost from the progression of many conditions. Click here to learn more.